Wednesday, July 7, 2010

uhhhhhhhhhhpdate

I hate when I don’t blog in forever because then I have an annoying amount to write.

Let’s see... last week we spent a lot of time talking about self-image, relationships, self-respect and things of that nature. The girls were really attentive and I think genuinely into what we were talking about. I got them to write a lot of stuff in their journals that they will be taking home, so hopefully one day they will actually open it back up and look at some of the information we gave them about good and bad signs of relationships, things they want to do with their life, etc.

(it's kind of scary how well this shirt fits her...)

Then we had a four day weekend for the 4th.

My weekend consisted of a lot of fun stuff… especially the part where I slept in a lot. That was beautiful. I missed seeing the girls after a couple of days, but having time to rejuvenate was so wonderful.

Saturday we ate and shopped in the French Quarter.
Oh! This is something to write about:

Sunday morning we got up and left around 5 AM to walk to the river to watch the sunrise. We stopped at Café du Monde (my favorite place to get coffee ever) and got café au laits and beignets and sat on the steps that go down to the water and watched the sun rise, and we all had our own Bible time. It was beautiful, really.

I'll post a separate blog about the afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment