Tuesday, July 13, 2010

so....


the past two days have been such encouraging days for me. to be quite honest, both mornings I have woken up and just felt desperate for the Lord's strength and will, seeing the days as looming ahead, and losing sight of the joy I have with the girls.

both mornings I have prayed for the Lord to give me his perspective and to renew the joy I have of just being with the girls. after last week, I think I was just exhausted and stretched kind of thin.
but both yesterday and today, I have found such enjoyment throughout the day of just seeing the girls for who they are and laughing with them. and of course, we still have to get on to them or whatever, but i have just genuinely enjoyed them again.


hey, did i mention we went to the swamp sunday? saw some alligators! but there was oil in the water at the swamp... which means it has to be pretty bad to have made it through all the plants and everything to the boardwalk where we were walking.
baby gator!



really just pray for these girls... so many of them are so empty of hope and so used to living in the mess they see everyday. pray that God reveals the true hope he brings to them... be it through this camp or through some other vessel... I don't much care... I just want them to see Him for who He is. you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment