Friday, June 18, 2010

I have no clue where to begin or how I’m gonna end.

Bullet points:

Saturday – ESL, no Sandor – Saturday off… he deserves it, Lion King with Briana, festival in the Quarter, coffee shops, etc.
Sunday – church at Metairie Baptist, lunch at McAlisters, chilling here

Good week so far… good girls, Tuesday was Tae Kwon Do, can’t wait to be able to kick some butt and break some boards.. it’s gonna be mind-blowing. Ms. Khan knows how to lay down the law (especially in the form of push-ups).

And today was my birthday… and let me tell you, these folks know how to make a girl feel special on her birthday. Well, these folks meaning everyone in my life. I am SO incredibly blessed… I’m not even kidding. I have been blown away by the love that has come my way today. Let me give you a few highlights -

-woke up this morning to happy birthdays and texts from loads of friends
-surprised by a Mardi Gras bear with tons of Mardi Gras beads (I hadn’t gotten any and I was SO excited to get some) and a card waiting for me from Megan (the best cook ever)… it was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes.
-hugs and hugs and hugs from my girls, and one of them gave me a little bear and a little perfume thing
-surprise flowers and balloons from my mom
-my birthday party was the best!!!! I had a beautiful cake that I had kind of designed and all that Megan made (chocolate with cream cheese icing – oh my gosh it was SOOOOO delicious), getting sung to by the best group of girls (the soulful version of “Happy Birthday” – loved it!)
- they have this tradition in New Orleans of pinning money on you when it’s your birthday so I got some dollars pinned to me!
- the girls putting icing on my face cause apparently that’s what they do at school
- and last BUT NOT LEAST getting cake shoved in my face (and up my nose…)
- and surprise gifts from home and the staff here

I’m telling you, I got to have a NOLA birthday and it has been so great. The Lord is overwhelmingly good to me.

Tomorrow we (the staff) are going out to eat some good NOLA seafood and going to listen to some jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment