Monday, June 7, 2010

find in me thine all in all.

Saturday – ESL… I worked with Sandor again. He is such a cool old man. I love it.


Sunday – SUCH an encouraging morning at Grace Baptist Church. Certainly not what I was expecting… a little country church in the middle of the city… It would be so much to write to tell you all that was going on inside of me, but let me just say that literally – in the midst of sudden discouragement, fear, weakness, wondering how I would make it through the next several weeks, the Lord brought incredible encouragement.

I loved the church, I loved the service. And the Lord reminded me that he cares about what I struggle with – emotionally, physically, whatever. He cares. I sometimes think that my “humanness” does not really matter to him because he is the infinite God, you know? But that is so contrary to what Scripture teaches – he cares when I miss loved ones, when I feel exhausted and don’t know how I will face the week ahead – and he desires to restore me by my focusing my eyes on him and his glory.


One quote I’d love to share (okay, I’d love to share more, but I know I’m a bit long-winded...):

“At the moment of Jesus’ revealing himself as the 3-in-1 God at the transfiguration, he showed himself not as the lowly carpenter of the suffering messiah, but as the glorious son of God, high and lifted up, worthy of our trust, our dependence, and of being exalted. He shows himself as the source of our strength in the midst of our discouragement and sacrifices becoming too much.”

After doing some shopping in the French Quarter, we got back and our guests from Texas were here. They brought 230 youth to the city and 13 of them (plus a few adults) are here working with us in BFH for the week. They dolled the place up and it looked super cool today and the girls loved it. They have a different theme each day – today’s was “God’s Birthday Party.” Tomorrow is bake day and they are teaching the girls how to measure recipes and stuff. Neat.

We are going to have a lot to live up to after they leave!

God is so faithful. 2 Timothy 2:13. Amen.

I get to live in New Orleans for the next month and a half with some new great friends. Whattttttttt!?

So the Lord I feel like has definitely been reaffirming my passion for inner city-ness, and I am praying over some specific possibilities for my future.



I’m watching You’ve Got Mail!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment